A look at the headlines right now:
- Tripura Police detain two journalists who were booked for covering communal violence in the state: Samriddhi Sakunia and Swarna Jha were detained in Assam’s Karimganj district after the Tripura Police filed a first information report against them based on a complaint by a person identified as Kanchan Das.
- Uttar Pradesh Police register FIR against unidentified officers in Kasganj custodial death case: The case was registered after Altaf’s father, Chand Miyan, filed a complaint that his son was killed in police custody last week.
- Haryana shuts down schools, bans construction works in four districts to check air pollution: The order will remain in effect in Gurugram, Faridabad, Sonipat and Jhajjar districts till November 17.
- Congress will contest all seats in UP elections without an ally, says Priyanka Gandhi: At an event in Bulandshahr, the Congress general secretary said that many party workers had asked her not to forge alliances for the polls.
- On India’s intervention, COP26 climate pact pledges to ‘phase down’ instead of ‘phase out’ coal: The development came a day after India had proposed this change in the agreement of the Glasgow Climate Pact, which was signed by 200 countries.
- Seizure of drugs from one of the accused in Aryan Khan case was done illegally, says Mumbai court: The court held that the seizure of drugs from…