Nationalist Congress Party spokesperson Nawab Malik on Tuesday told the Bombay High Court that that the defamation suit filed by Narcotics Control Bureau zonal director Sameer Wankhede’s father was an attempt to cover up the irregularities committed by the officer, reported Live Law.
Malik made the statement after the High Court sought his reply on a defamation suit filed by Dhyandev Wankhede, seeking Rs 1.25 crore in damages. He had claimed that Malik, through press releases, interviews and Twitter, has made “tortious and defamatory remarks” against his son.
In the past few days, Malik has levelled a number of allegations against Sameer Wankhede, who had been investigating the Mumbai cruise ship drug case involving actor Shah Rukh Khan’s son Aryan Khan until November 5.
He accused the Narcotics Control Bureau officer of being part of an extortion racket linked to drug cases against Bollywood actors. On Sunday, Malik also alleged that Wankhede was part of a plan made by a Bharatiya Janata Party leader to kidnap Aryan Khan.
In his affidavit before the High Court, Malik claimed that none of the statements he made was false and said that he has provided evidence to support his allegations.
Malik said that…