A look at the headlines right now:
- Red alert in Chennai, 7 Tamil Nadu districts withdrawn as depression begins to cross coast: Flight services at Chennai airport have resumed after being suspended earlier in the day.
- India has not accepted China’s illegal occupation in border areas, says Centre: The foreign ministry spokesperson said India has also taken note of the Pentagon report that highlighted presence of a Chinese village near Arunachal Pradesh.
- SIT head who gave clean chit to Modi in 2002 Gujarat riots case ‘rewarded handsomely’, Zakia Jafri tells SC: Zakia Jafri is the wife of Congress leader Ehsan Jafri who was killed in the violence.
- SC agrees to hear plea challenging UAPA charges against Tripura journalists, lawyers: Earlier this week, the state police booked 102 Twitter handles under the anti-terror law, claiming the authorities wanted to stop the spread of rumours.
- Hindutva activist booked for remarks about Muslims in protest against hotel opening: The police have booked Pinkal Bhatiya and an oncologist for deliberate acts intended to outrage religious feelings.
- Gorakhpur doctor Kafeel Khan sacked two years after he was cleared of medical negligence charges: The paediatrician said he will move the High Court once he gets his letter of termination.
- Police made me sign letter without showing me contents, says Kasganj man whose son died in custody: Altaf’s family has alleged that he was…