A look at the headlines right now:
- Delhi’s air quality drops to ‘severe’ category, residents asked to limit outdoor activities: A study showed that vehicular emissions, household pollution, industry and construction contributed the most to the pollution in the Capital.
- Indian Army agrees to grant permanent commission to 11 women after Supreme Court warning: The court asked the Army to implement the order within three weeks.
- Hinduism and Hindutva are different things, says Rahul Gandhi: His comments about Hindutva come after a controversy has erupted over party leader Salman Khurshid’s book.
- Wars are too expensive and unaffordable, says National Security Advisor Ajit Doval: He said new frontiers of war is the civil society, which can be manipulated to hurt a nation’s interests.
- Kangana Ranaut’s ‘India got freedom in 2014’ comment an insult to freedom fighters, says Delhi BJP leader: The actor made the remark at an event organised by Times Now. After a controversy, the news channel said it did not support her views.
- National Commission for Minorities seeks report on Kasganj custodial death from UP Police in 15 days: The police have claimed that the Muslim man hanged himself to a tap in the police station washroom while Altaf’s family has alleged that he was murdered.
- Thirteen students in Kerala’s Wayanad test positive for norovirus, state issues preventive guidelines: While the virus is…