A look at the headlines right now:
- Journalists arrested for covering anti-Muslim violence in Tripura get bail: Samriddhi Sakunia and Swarna Jha were arrested on Monday morning on charges of spreading communal disharmony. They also face charges of “fabricating and concealing records” about the recent violence, apparently as part of “a criminal conspiracy”.
- Centre says stubble burning is not a major cause of Delhi pollution, SC calls ‘hue and cry’ baseless: Solicitor General Tushar Mehta, representing the central government, said that burning of farm waste accounted for just 10% of the emissions on an average through the year.
- India allows foreign tourists from 99 countries to enter without quarantine: The government has asked fully vaccinated foreign tourists to self-monitor their health for 14 days after arriving in India. They will also have to upload a Covid-19 negative test result taken within 72 hours of departure and submit a self-declaration form.
- Congress leader Salman Khurshid’s Nainital home set on fire amid controversy over his new book: Last week, two lawyers in Delhi had filed complaints against Khurshid, accusing him of comparing Hindutva with terrorist groups ISIS and Boko Haram in a passage in the book.
- Shops belonging to Muslims burnt during bandh called by BJP in Amravati, say police: The BJP observed the bandh in response to a protest staged by a Muslim…